Connecting with Clients (patients, students) - including VR - Morning session
Time & Location
About the Event
Empathy Through experience.
Challenge your understanding of mental health today.
Imagine a world where nobody was afraid to discuss their mental health; where people could tell their truths without fear of being judged, ridiculed or dismissed. Where everyone could seek the help they needed, when they needed it, and have positive outcomes just the same as those who suffer a physical injury. Imagine if everyone knew how to listen to people who were showing signs of mental distress and made them feel safe, loved, important and valued.
LOSE YOUR MIND aims to increase society’s inclusion and connection with those struggling with their mental health by helping them understand and empathise with the experience of mental illness. The core purpose of LOSE YOUR MIND is to enhance human connection by challenging emotions.
Using fully immersive, 360-degree video, LOSE YOUR MIND connects you emotionally with the experience of severe mental illness. Mental health literacy workshops then enhance the personal relevance of the VR simulation and enhance your capacity for difficult conversations. The aim of LOSE YOUR mind is to therefore enhace empathy, reduce stigma and reduce the negative consequences of disconnection by building positive communication and listening skills. The benefits of empathy are far reaching for individuals and organisations.
The learning objectives for LOSE YOUR MIND participants are:
1. To recognise the importance of empathy in fuelling connection with their colleagues, clients and families thereby reducing the stigma of mental illness.
2. To develop personal insight into their own need to be heard and for human connection.
3. To gain a greater understanding of the issues faced by those struggling with their mental health.
4. To learn to listen with kindness, love and compassion.
5. To be a safe space for open communication and connection.